I saw ReadCube on Nature’s twitter and became curious. I downloaded it and immediately found that it is exactly what I need. It does the following:
- Search articles, download PDF versions via university proxy
- You can mark the read articles, also you can star your favs.
- Recommendation. It is amazing. You can find interesting or prominent articles you haven’t read before.
- Full text search (I mean full text)
- PDF reading, annotation and commenting. Simple and almost bug free. Specially I find the reference list on the right sidebar very useful. You can simply click on each reference while reading the main article.
- Sync via multiple computers (I have not tested this feature yet).
- Simple, yet rich and intuitive UI.
It is rich, intuitive and simple. I plan to use it in combination with Zotero. Zotero is good for reference management and adding citations to my articles. But for my personal PDF management and reading, I find ReadCube a superior choice.